Chemo Bracelets

Chemo Bracelets

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Eight down and four to go!

I haven't blogged in far too long.  I'm just not feeling good at all. The ever present chemo-sobby, the pain and the extreme fatigue. I hate feeling this way...and start wondering if I will ever feel well again. I know I am being a little emotional, okay, a LOT emotional. But I never said I was perfect.

I did manage to squeeze in a short trip to Las Vegas with my family. It was the first time in a very long time that all three of my kids and I had a trip together. It was very hot there but we had a lot of fun. When  I got tired ... I just went back to my room and rested. And everyone else continued exploring and having fun. Kaylin and Lilly (my granddaughters) had so much fun, I had fun watching them. Auntie Jill had given the girls an assignment for Vegas, she told them what pictures she wanted of them. For example, she wanted Kaylin to take a picture touching the Eiffel Tower, and Lilly touching a fountain. They love Auntie Jill and couldn't wait to take the pictures for her.




Well...I have two more treatments under my belt...they just seem to get progressively worse. After maintaining my weight for a month I lost another 9 pounds, as of my 7th treatment. It's not a way that I would recommend to lose weight..lol.

I have two very caring nurses, Yvonne and Jackie, that take care of me & are so special to me. They do this day in and day out but you can tell they really care about their work. They are always there if I need to call them or have questions. And very tuned in to how I am feeling. I remember one Thursday when I went in to have my pump removed, I answered the "Hi, how are you?" with the standard "I'm fine"....and Jackie looked at me very doubtfully....and then I said..."Yeah, I'm feeling pretty bad." My throat had swollen up on both sides and I had a fever....and just an overall feeling of yuckiness... Jackie just sort of chuckled and said.."We can usually tell if you are not feeling well." They took care of me, making sure I was seeing Dr. Dekker that day so we could get the swelling and fever under control. At my next appointment they allowed me to take a picture with them so I could share it here with you on my blog. My ever supportive sister, Jill...took this picture for me.
That's Yvonne, Me and Jackie.
I'll include a picture of the room I sit in too ... just so you get a picture in your mind.
It's a nice room, decorated and furnished as comfortable as you can make something like this. Each person can have up to two visitors. There are curtains that are pulled for privacy during treatment. On this day, as is often the case, I was the last one in there for the last hour of treatment.

My brother Jack and my sister in law Sandy took some time off on one of my Thursday appointments. Kristin drove and me, Kristin, Kaylin and Lilly met Sandy at the house...she made lunch and we all went to the pool. Kristin's very pregnant sister in law Bridget met us there and then Jack came and joined us as well.  It was so nice to do something normal, I sat in the shade and enjoyed watching the girls play with Sandy in the pool, they sure do love her and Jack.  Jack took me to the infusion center, which is right down the street from his house, to get my pump taken out and my Neulasta shot. Then back to the pool for a bit. Nice day.

Anyway, I'm gonna make this short. It's hard to blog when I feel so bad. I don't want it to turn into a whine fest.  Relay For Life is coming up soon, I'm looking forward to that. Sept. 10th & 11th. Til next time.....love and light.
Always,
Joni

No comments:

Post a Comment