Chemo Bracelets

Chemo Bracelets

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Treatment #5 and Misc.

I'll start out with something positive. .... . LOVE this cooler weather....what a Godsend.

Dealt with yet another insurance nightmare. As you all know, I have a colostomy. I was running low on supplies so I placed and order. After three days of the order in a pending status I called to see what the hold up was. My insurance authorization had expired. REALLY??? They only authorizes three months worth of supplies for something that I will need for at the very least 9 months. I just don't get it.! It's frustrating, to have to make the phone calls back and forth between my Dr. and the supply company. My Dr., of course called me right away and said as soon as they fax the information to him he will authorize it....(thank goodness, he is on the ball). So, I think it is all squared away.

I had treatment number five yesterday. It went well, a little longer than usual, but no blood work hiccups. I am really noticing the fatigue being worse...can hardly keep my eyes open and walking for any length tires me out. Side effects, so far, the extreme sensitivity to cold. My hands and feet have that painful tingley feeling, like when you hand falls asleep and are just waking up.

I'm trying to decide what to do with my hair. The back is looking sort of raggedy... but the front isn't falling out too bad. I was thinking of just coloring it all light blonde like the front of my hair and see how it looks after that..you really aren't supposed to colortreat your hair while undergoing chemotherapy, but I figure "what the hell" if it doesn't work out I will maybe shave it.  Or just start the scarf and hat wearing. I have enrolled in the "Look Good Feel Better" seminar at the local American Cancer Society. It is on July 18th, i'm really looking forward to it. I'll get instructions on scarf tying ideas, wig ideas, makeup application with free products too, should be fun.

My sister Judy is down here for an appointment at UCLA today...I am hoping I will be able to see her tomorrow with Jill when we go to my appoinment with Dr.Dekker. He will have the results for the CT Scan I had done on June 30, 2011. I'm a little nervous about that...hope it shows that the chemotherapy is doing the job and nothing else is growing that shouldn't be.



That's it for today..... I thought I would include a photo of me wearing the portable pump attached to me....just so you get the visual. This is what I wear home after treatment for two days...and then go and have it removed and get my shot of Neulasta. The patch on my chest is the needle contraption that is attached to my Portacath..which is installed under my skin.

As always..sending light and love....
Joni

No comments:

Post a Comment