Chemo Bracelets

Chemo Bracelets

Monday, April 2, 2012

Chemo Side effects

A lot of you have been asking how I am doing after my chemo treatment on Thursday. So I thought I would blog a short update.

Something I left out of my last blog with regard to my surgery. On top of all the difficulty recovering I got an infection on the incision site. I won't give you all the gory details, just some of them. The wound was about an inch and a half long and 3/4" deep. Since I couldn't afford to pay someone $25.00 a day to change the dressing, I had to learn how to dry pack an open wound, for weeks after returning home. Owie!!! Oh and I forgot to tell about the night they made me sleep with my head tilted way down below my feet...LOL. They're way of raising my blood pressure. It was pretty funny.

As you know, I had chemotherapy on Thursday, March 29, 2012. I still felt pretty good on Friday.

Saturday: was very tired, with a little bit of nausea.  I rode with Kristin to deliver some cake pops to Zac, April's boyfriend, for his movie set.
That was a two hour ride there, took them to lunch at Chick-fil-A (yummy) shopped a little and then headed back home....another two hour trip. I was tired and starting to get sore. We participated in Earth Hour. The girls were excited about that. For those of you that don't know what that is;  for one hour (8:30pm - 9:30pm) we turned off all un-necessary electronic devices. (yes, even our phones...lol). We lit a fire in the fireplace, lit a BUNCH of candles and played hide and seek, well, the kids played, I watched.

Sunday:  Woke up very sore and nauseated. I had a very hard time staying awake, so I finally just gave in and laid down for a while on the bed. Some diarrhea later in the evening and early to bed.

Monday:  So far today, still very sore all over, kind of like the soreness of having the flu, but without the fever. And a little bit of nausea. I'm hopeful I am over the worst of the side effects for this round.  It's gonna be different for a few treatments because Dr. Dekker is switching up the cocktail for the first four treatments...so I won't have any regulation 'til after my 4th treatment.

Just a short update for now. 'Til next time ... Love and Light to you all.

Joni

No comments:

Post a Comment